Thank for your interest in Player Development. This page has been established to provide you with ideas to grow golf at your facility and hopefully generate inspiration and encouragement for more programs and events at your facility. The Oregon Chapter Board, Player Development Committee Members and staff, are dedicated to providing you support in meeting your goals in Player Development and Player Retention. These grants are made possible through PGA Junior League Golf support and all of our regular pro ams throughout the season.
Our goals are to provide as many grants as possible, with a maximum of $750 per grant. We will focus on enhancing your programs rather than fully funding them. As this program evolves, we are looking to you to help define the needs of professionals in the Oregon Chapter. The list could be endless and below are a few examples of what our professionals are using the funding for. The Committee will consider all requests and your applications will help us expand our vision on what programs should be considered.
- Assist with the purchase of clubs for a Beginner Ladies Program
- Purchase of U.S. Kids Golf for Junior program
- Update on course lesson material – “Reserved for PGA Instruction”, Instruction Banners
- Drive Chip Putt Prep Clinics
- Purchase of trophies for Junior Golf Program
- Assisted in the purchase of a stretching station to help with player flexibility
- Special Olympics Training Program
- Purchase of junior golf accessories – targets, prizes for competition, etc.
- Create an Amazing First Impression with a Meeting Area
- Junior Girls Golf Program
- New Golfer Bootcamp for Women
- Golf Academy Program – Operation 36
Applications are due no later than March 31, 2023.